Monday, April 9, 2007

The Pilgrimage

April 9th - Mr Simen began assembly by telling our boys about Holy Week and Lent, as well as the Resurrection. He shared with the school about how he also had to suffer his own form of 'mini' passion and crucifixion, which took shape through complaints by 'nay-sayers', 'know-it-alls'. Mr Simen then explained the context behind specific complaints made by 'grumbler's and 'rumblers' about UGs, rude outsiders, ill-disciplined students at assemblies and morning motivational speeches/talks.

"Smses and forums with students, SEC meetings, Contact time meetings. open sharings are allowed for divergent views but where are the voices?", Mr Simen asked.

'There are many boys who have smsed and thanked me. What are just 3 or 4 complaints which are not indicative of how the students feel about me and the school? I love the school and you love the school too. I have given unselfishly to our boys", Mr Simen fought to control his tears, then added, "I am going to Kluang to visit my dad's grave, my mom and to retrace my roots. I have to do some soul-searching but I will always love you". He blessed the boys and said a special prayer for all teachers and students of the school.

Mr Adran Leow (1), Mr Wu Tian Hwee (2), Mr Lloyd Yeo (3) and Mrs Lim Shong Chuan (3) will cover duties in the absence of the Principal. Mr Simen also spoke about how his best friend and betrayed him, as well as the pain he felt.

No comments: